iStaging Asia eyes patents for spatial web tech
简介iStaging Asia, a joint venture between South Korean company I&OK and Taipei-based iStaging, said Thu ...
iStaging Asia, a joint venture between South Korean company I&OK and Taipei-based iStaging, said Thursday it has applied for a total of three patents in the field of three-dimensional spatial web transformation.
The patents include: 3D spatial transformation from a 2D model, 3D spatial editing and 3D floor plan rendering.
The technologies will enable businesses to transform their products into 3D models by simply recording a video of a product with a smartphone, which also reduces costs and time.
Creating a 720-degree video -- 360 degrees both horizontally and vertically -- is also possible within a minute. Once the recorded video is uploaded to a cloud platform, a layout editor can customize it with photos, text and audio to explain products to customers.
Since 2015, iStaging has been collaborating with globally renowned real estate companies including Remax and AECOM to mass-compile spatial data. Its AI technology has been trained on this database, enabling it easily to recognize and identify objects including walls, ceilings and desks from a recorded video.
Using the technology, European luxury brands including Louis Vuitton have already been converting their products to 3D and displaying them in virtual exhibitions.
“iStaging has been introducing various 3D technologies to the market since 2015,” said iStaging Asia CEO Choo Sun-woo.
“In particular, since our collaboration with Google‘s (former augmented reality computing program) Tango in 2018, we have been expanding our presence in the field of augmented reality,” Choo said.
iStaging‘s latest technology is currently undergoing testing for use with augmented reality glasses.
A major accident occurred at approximately 11:10 a.m. on Monday at a construction site in Gyeongju, ...
Oman marked its 53rd National Day, celebrating the legacy of the late Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said ...
The declaration of "Kimchi Day" is not only necessary to raise awareness about the Korean staple foo ...
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- [From the Scene] Hyundai Motor looks into future of auto production in Singapore
- Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
- T1, Faker unrivaled at 2023 LoL World Championship
- 류호정·장혜영의 ‘세번째권력’ “총선서 30석, 200만 득표가 목표”
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed minutes, Nvidia results
Yoon replaces spy agency leadership
E. coli found in Echire butter
Cemeteries, columbariums reinvent themselves as sanctuaries for the living
[Our Museums] Exploring quirky yet thoughtful world of Mr. Toilet House
American investigated for ‘teeth grinding’ graffiti across Yongsan
N. Korea makes 3rd spy satellite launch attempt
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- S.Korea's largest
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…내달 18~19일 방문
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- 이준석, 눈물의 회견…尹대통령 향해 "與 묵언 수행 저주 풀라"
- 尹대통령 지지율, 1.1%p 내린 38.9% [알앤써치]
- [Today’s K
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains; Israel
- 33년 경찰 경력 내세워…“안심구청장 누구입니까”
- Big firms' debt
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- 낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- Kakao Bank to acquire 10% stake in Indonesian digital bank
- Art Token launches Hangeul
- Cheongju Craft Biennale stresses connection with nature, Jikji legacy
- [Test Drive] BMW 5 Series makes more powerful, elegant comeback
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- Uncertainties remain for Samsung, SK after US eases export controls
- Posco Holdings recoups investment in Roy Hill after 13 years
- BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles