Food trade agency launches global low
简介The Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. said Wednesday it has launched a consultative body to pr ...
The Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade Corp. said Wednesday it has launched a consultative body to promote low-carbon diets, against the backdrop of escalating calls to combat climate change.
According to the food trade agency, the newly launched Low-carbon Diet Campaign Forum aims for the voluntary cooperation of officials from some 600 institutions -- such as major K-food buyers and international Korean organizations -- to spread low-carbon diet practices. A low-carbon diet refers to the consumption of foods that leave a minimal carbon footprint, such as foods that have been processed less.
During an event held to celebrate the launch of the organization, the agency said it designated 11 individuals from countries including China, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand as the forum's goodwill ambassadors, in a bid to expand K-food exports and encourage the adoption of low-carbon diets.
Members of the newly launched organization, including top executives from the Korea Food Importers Association in Asia Pacific, World Taekwondo Association and The Korea Herald, also signed a declaration that outlined the organization's efforts going forward in actualizing a low-carbon diet, the food trade agency said.
The declaration stated that the members of the organization will aim to minimize carbon emissions in all stages of the food system from production to consumption, and that the organization will designate every Wednesday as "Low-carbon Diet Day" to spread and practice the importance of consuming carbon-neutral food.
"Currently, we need measures that can allow anyone to realize carbon neutrality," said Kim Chun-jin, CEO of the Korea Agro-Fisheries & Food Trade.
"I would like to thank the participants for taking in the Low-carbon Diet Campaign Forum, which will function as the parent of the global spread of low-carbon diets, and I ask for active cooperation so that people around the world can practice low-carbon diets every day in the food sector and succeed in passing Earth, our only planet, to (our) descendants in good health," he said.
Choi Jin-young, CEO of The Korea Herald, added that it is a great honor to be able to join a global campaign that aims to continue the improvement of humanity's civilization.
"This year marks the 70th anniversary of The Korea Herald. We have strategic cooperation with more than 80 leading news media outlets around the world and share various types of content (with them). We will do our best to help this campaign spread further through the global network," said Choi.
“공백은 항상 채워진다. 공백이 채워질지 여부가 아니라 누가 채우느냐가 관건이다.”최근 한국어로 번역된 저서 『외교』(Diplomacy, 1994년 출간)에서 미국 현실주의 외교의 ...
In June 2021, South Korean baritone Kim Gi-hoon, who hails from the remote town of Gokseong, South J ...
South Korean software startup AI Auction said Tuesday it has launched a tax consultant chatbot calle ...
금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
한·사우디 43년 만의 공동성명 “방산·네옴시티 협력 강화”
Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
Yoon attends opening of Korean pavilion at Horticultural Expo in Qatar
Korean banks at risk of W3tr in losses in HK
Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- 이준석 “한동훈, 나 때문에 일찍 등판한 거면 너무 빨랐다”
- 이재명 "가장 큰 문제는 오만, 몸가짐·마음가짐 철저 관리를"
- [From the Scene] Incheon Airport goes global to Batam, Indonesia
- Zyx Technology donates CAD software to Sungkyunkwan University
- ‘Gorpcore’ a global validation of Korean ajeossi’s fashion instincts?
- Remaining BTS members to head to military
- Ready meals gain attention at 2023 Coex Food Week
- Dyson vows to enhance customer service in Korea
- 이원욱 “이재명, 최강욱 징계 반발하는 개딸과 이별해야”
- Seoul shares almost flat after Fed minutes, Nvidia results
- [Our Museums] Discover wisdom of hanok at Eunpyeong History Hanok Museum
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- US strategic bomber B
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- [Today’s K
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- 163 S. Koreans arrive home from Israel on military aircraft
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- MBK chairman makes donation to promote Korean art at New York's Met
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- Beef prices have soared 100
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo