STX to supply lithium with South American partners
简介South Korean trading company STX said Monday that it has signed a trilateral agreement with its part ...
South Korean trading company STX said Monday that it has signed a trilateral agreement with its partners based in Peru and Brazil, forming a secure supply chain that includes mining lithium and processing lithium concentrate. Lithium is a key mineral used for making rechargeable batteries.
Under the partnership, STX announced a strategic equity investment in a lithium mine in Peru, which is estimated to have 18.1 million metric tons of lithium deposits.
Signing an offtake agreement, it will also serve as a bridge between a Brazil-based lithium concentrate supplier with an annual production capacity of 272,155 metric tons and South Korea’s secondary battery companies. After thorough sampling testing, the company will undertake the lithium processing in Korea or another country.
In addition, STX also discussed the launch of a lithium refinery with the nation’s battery makers. Taking charge of mining, refining, transporting and selling, STX will be able to secure competitiveness in the overall lithium supply chain, the trading firm said.
While uncertainties have arisen as South American countries such as Mexico and Chile are nationalizing their lithium deposits and amid the US' implement of the Inflation Reduction Act, STX will provide a stable supply chain of the main minerals of battery production including nickel, cobalt, graphite and lithium for Korean companies.
This is a part of STX’s plan to give momentum to Trollygo, its business-to-business online trading platform of raw materials and industrial goods, set to be launched by the end of November. Last month, it also decided to make a paid-in capital increase to secure the necessary funds for the potential markets of Trollygo.
Specializing in secondary battery raw materials, STX will strive to lead the new paradigm of the trading industry with its B2B platform, the company added.
President Yoon Suk Yeol accepted the National Intelligence Service head Kim Kyou-hyun's offer t ...
While time is running out, there are still no clear prospects of a formal meeting between President ...
A South Korean golf club has caused controversy online for its policy of restricting services for th ...
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- Culture Ministry offers Suneung takers free exhibitions, discounted performances
- Baekyangsa's Buddhist cuisine templestay teaches what it means to eat beyond taste
- [Contribution] Korean food captivates global palates
- ‘Smugglers’ wins best picture at 44th Blue Dragon Film Awards
- [From the scene] Nakwon
Hyundai Motor to halt Asan factory in Korea for EV factory construction
EcoPro, SK Ecoplant to build EV battery recycling plant in Hungary
Seoul shares open higher ahead of Nvidia results
추미애 "尹대통령 지지율 30%대 받쳐주는 철벽통들이 있다"
Hyundai Motor chief named automotive industry leader of 2023
추미애 "尹대통령 지지율 30%대 받쳐주는 철벽통들이 있다"
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- Hyundai Motor partners with IUCN for forest project in Vietnam
- Hyundai looks to repeat late founder’s Mideast success with EVs, hydrogen
- LG Chem opens research center in US
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- Korea's yakgwa booming on back of ‘newtro’ trend, media coverage
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- SK Signet delivers W5b ultrafast EV chargers to Revel
- The Boyz to return next month with new album
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- 전문가 “북 중거리미사일 고체연료엔진, 러시아 기술 가능성”
- Han Kang says her historical novels were a literary resistance against violence
- 한총리, 공공기관 전산망 마비에 “인력·장비 총동원 신속복구” 지시
- [Today’s K
- EBS' new nature doc to explore symbiotic relationship between nature and humanity
- Everland grounds panda Fubao for trying to escape
- [New in Korean] Seven minds share single body in '7
- Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
- Yoon, Japan's Kishida agree to cooperate in hydrogen sector
- Global Kimchi Day declared
- 윤희숙 "20여년 억대 연봉 송영길이 돈 없다? 못된 버릇 때문"
- Samyang post record sales on China's Singles Day
- Yoon calls for enhancing connectivity of world economy with APEC at center