‘Gyeongseong Creature’ to lead year
简介Netflix Korea on Sunday confirmed the premiere of the highly anticipated horror thriller, “Gyeongseo ...
Netflix Korea on Sunday confirmed the premiere of the highly anticipated horror thriller, “Gyeongseong Creature,” in December.
The series will be split into two different parts, with the first seven episodes being presented as “Gyeongseong Creature Part 1,” and the remaining three episodes scheduled to be released Jan. 5.
With a star-studded lineup in terms of both its creators and cast, the thriller-action series is regarded as one of the year's must-see projects.
Helmed by director Jung Dong-yoon, who was behind the 2019 mega-hit Korean TV drama “Hot Stove League,” and “Dr. Romantic” (2016-2023) screenwriter Kang Eun-kyung, “Gyeongseong Creature” takes viewers back to the spring of 1945, one of South Korea’s darkest hours.
Set during the Japanese colonial period, the thriller series tells the stories of two young individuals fighting to survive against bizarre creatures born out of human greed.
Actor Park Seo-joon, who rose to stardom with “Fight for My Way” (2017), “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” (2018), “Itaewon Class” (2020) and most recently "The Marvels" released last week, plays a wealthy entrepreneur, Jang Tae-sang.
Though Tae-sang is a man who prioritizes money above all else, his principles are called into question after meeting Yoon Chae-ok, a sleuth renowned for her ability to track down anyone, even those who are dead.
Actress Han So-hee, who made her Netflix debut with “My Name” in 2021, stars as Chae-ok in “Gyeongseong Creature.”
Local drama fans shared their excitement about seeing two of their beloved stars perform together for the first time.
Veteran actors, including Kim Hae-sook of “Hospital Playlist” (2020), Claudia Kim of “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (2015) and “Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald” (2018), Cho Han-cheul of “Reborn Rich” (2022) and “Squid Game” star Wi Ha-jun, will co-star in the show, unleashing a series of surreal monster stories set in Seoul in 1945.
Unlike many other Netflix projects, for which a plan to expand the series is made after the release of the original, "Gyeongseong Creature" announced the launch of the series' second season in November 2022, well ahead of the premiere of the first season, evidence of the streaming service's confidence in the show.
“Gyeongseong Creature Part 1” will be released on Dec. 22.
GM Korea, the Korean arm of the US auto giant General Motors, logged robust export sales in October, ...
South Korea's unification ministry plans to hold talks with the UN Command to resume a tour pro ...
A Seoul court issued a warrant Friday to arrest the former fiance of Olympic fencing medalist Nam Hy ...
류호정·장혜영의 ‘세번째권력’ “총선서 30석, 200만 득표가 목표”
8 in 10 favor removing mandatory camera shutter sound: survey
Tving’s ‘High School Mystery Club’ to return with season 3
S. Korea vaccinates over 76% of cattle against lumpy skin disease
Van Cleef & Arpels touring exhibition brings sparkles to Seoul
Samsung files complaint in US against BOE for allegedly leaking trade secrets
- Chinese avant
- 尹 보선 첫 반응 "선거 결과서 교훈 찾아, 지혜롭게 변화를"
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- New US special envoy for N. Korean human rights issues takes office, plans to visit Seoul next week
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- [Herald Interview] Alex Olle’s realistic reimagination of opera ‘Norma’ keeps art form alive
- Seoul shares dip 1 pct on Fed rate hike woes, won sharply slides
- BOK wins lawsuit on face of Korea's 100 won coin
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- Chinese avant
- Three bidders vie for major stake in news channel YTN
- Kangwon Land's wellness facilities offer quiet retreat
- Samsung unveils next
- Four killed after fishing boat capsizes in S. Korea
- Things to note to prevent disputes in international contracts: The critical clause of governing law
- 'Seventeenth Heaven' logs record
- PPP appoints naturalized Korean doctor Yohan Ihn as party innovation committee chief
- EcoPro seeks big leap as global battery materials maker
- [Herald Interview] Ian Bostridge enjoys incorporating great works of literature into music
- Seoul shares open lower on US losses
- Exports up 4.6% during first 20 days of October
- STX issues new shares worth W80b to expand global business
- China’s export curbs on graphite may raise battery prices for EVs
- Kakao risks losing management control of Kakao Bank
- Geopolitical risks hold back South Korea's credit rating upgrade:Fitch
- [Weekender] Indie bookstores thrive in reading
- Extended getbol, Busan wartime capital sites make UNESCO's tentative list
- [Hello Hangeul] Love for Hangeul grows in corner of Sweden
- [속보] 한국인 163명 이스라엘서 무사히 왔다…서울공항 도착
- Seoul shares hit 7