Resale tickets for League of Legends World Championship go up to 3 million won
简介The 2023 League of Legends World Championship tickets for the final round are being sold on online r ...
The 2023 League of Legends World Championship tickets for the final round are being sold on online resale platforms for more than 10 times their face value.
The annual championship, held annually since 2011, brings together the top teams from leagues worldwide to determine the best team of the year, making it the largest global esports event.
The final round of the 2023 League of Legends World Championship will take place on Nov. 19 at Gocheok Sky Dome in Seoul, featuring Korea's T1, led by Lee Sang-hyeok, known as "Faker" against Weibo Gaming from China.
The intense competition has sparked a ticket frenzy, with 18,000 tickets selling out online, reaching up to 3 million won ($2,319) on resale platforms.
In addition to the stadium, e-sports fans are flocking to cinemas offering live broadcasts on large screens, with most showings already sold out at a ticket price of 28,000 won each.
The high demand is attributed to the event being held in Korea after a five-year gap and the added interest from students who recently completed the university entrance exam on Thursday.
Seoul's Gwanghwamun Square will host street cheering events during the LoL World Cup finals. In collaboration with Riot Games, the city has planned various activities, including live concerts, until Nov. 19 to create a festive atmosphere.
On Nov. 19, a large screen will be set up in Gwanghwamun Square for live broadcasting, attracting over 10,000 fans to participate in the street cheering event.
YG Entertainment’s new girl group Babymonster debuted on Monday with the release of its digital sing ...
South Korean IT giant Kakao, having suffered from its worst-ever server shutdown last year, has comp ...
Uzbekistan and Korea agreed to boost customs cooperation in Tashkent on Friday.Uzbekistan’s customs ...
- Igis launches $100m secondary fund for overseas investment
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- S Korea, UAE to hold aviation talks over potential increase in bilateral flights
- Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- S. Korea has 'no urgency' to cut key lending rate soon: IMF director
- Chinese avant
- UAE President's Seoul visit postponed amid Middle East tensions
- [Herald Interview] Alex Olle’s realistic reimagination of opera ‘Norma’ keeps art form alive
- 기세 올린 이재명 체제…이번엔 한동훈 겨냥 공세 집중
- 北, 러시아 외무장관 방북 발표…이달 18~19일 방문
- 탄약 찾는 러…국방부 "北컨테이너 적재량, 포탄 수십만발 분량"
- Argentinian politician's old tweet mocking BTS angers fans
- Prestige Biopharma eyes complete value chain
- McDonald's Korea to increase prices of 13 items next week
- SK Innovation joins hands with Fiji for mangrove restoration
- [KH Explains] A look back on Lee Jae
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Professor awarded for building Korean studies in US
- 홍준표 "난 죄 지은 것 없다, 인요한 사면 논의 자체가 쪽팔려"
- 유엔 대북제재위 "北 가상화폐 탈취 2조3000억, 이전보다 3배"
- 윤 대통령, 4박 6일 사우디·카타르 순방 마치고 귀국
- [Life In Korea] Delivering 'taste of life' via street art
- SK hynix logs quarterly losses for 4th consecutive quarter
- 여권 ‘TK 지지율’ 비상…오늘 서울 오는 박근혜에 주목
- SK Pharmteco bets big on cell, gene therapy
- [Coffee Klatch] Unique mugwort tea latte paired with flower cakes, dango
- Ruling party to appoint innovation committee members
- 김웅 "이준석 사면은 내부총질·해당행위…마녀재판 맞았던 것"
- Seoul expected to be one of most sought
- 카타르 국왕, 내년 방한 수락…“중동 107조 운동장 열려”