Posco vows to foster startups, regional economies
简介Representatives from South Korean steel giant Posco on Wednesday met with government officials to ex ...
Representatives from South Korean steel giant Posco on Wednesday met with government officials to explore ways to boost Korean startups and revitalize the regional economy, discussing the performance of its in-house venture development platform and its future outlook.
The meeting took place at Change Up Ground in Pohang, North Gyeongsang Province, one of its venture incubator facilities, with more than 40 people in attendance. It included Chairperson Woo Tong-ki of the Presidential Committee for Decentralization and Balanced Development, Minister of SMEs and Startups Lee Young, alongside those from 19 Creative Economy Innovation Centers among others.
During the meeting, Posco presented the current status of its unique venture infrastructure and successful stories of startups nurtured through its initiatives. It also discussed diverse ways to collaborate with Creative Economy Innovation Centers and major firms across the country to tackle pressing social issues such as the degeneration and extinction of local towns.
Posco's venture platform consists of Venture Valley and Venture Fund.
Venture Valley aims to nurture startups by providing support for groundbreaking research and development through its industrial-academic partnership in collaboration with renowned institutions such as Pohang University of Science and Technology, and the Research Institute of Industrial Science & Technology.
In particular, Change Up Ground, located in Pohang, Seoul, and Gwangyang, South Jeolla Province, offers office spaces and various facility support for some 161 startups. According to Posco, some of these companies have relocated their branches or manufacturing plants to Pohang, creating new job opportunities and spurring the local community.
Through Venture Fund, Posco has been investing in promising startups both at home and abroad as well as those fostered through Venture Valley. Since its establishment in 2019, it has raised funds worth about 2.7 trillion won ($2.08 billion).
"We will continue to seek ways to advance our startup infrastructure to foster innovative future business projects while promoting mutual prosperity with SMEs and the local community,” said Posco Holding's Chief of Industry-Academy-Research Cooperation Park Sung-jin.
Despite being on the opposite sides of the continent, South Korea and Turkey have maintained a posit ...
A South Korean golf club has caused controversy online for its policy of restricting services for th ...
David Rappeneau’s drawings are peculiarly attractive. Some younger audiences may find the images fam ...
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- N. Korea notifies Japan of plan to launch satellite between Wednesday and Dec. 1: report
- Rising obesity in S. Korea comes amid doubts over BMI's reliability
- Golf club's 'no Japanese car' policy sparks controversy
- Tax refund limit to be doubled for tourists
- 민주당 이상민 의원, 내주 與 혁신위와 대담…거취 정할지 주목
- [이번 주 리뷰] 중동 전쟁 우려…국민의힘 보선 참패(9~14일)
- [New in Korean] Witches, ecofeminism, climate crisis: Tale of resilience and nature’s power
- Doosan Robotics to supply chicken
- 이용, 지도부 때린 서병수·홍문표에 "선당후사·솔선수범 하라"
- Pyongyang denies allegations of Hamas using North Korean weapons
- Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
- SK to hold CEO meeting in Paris
- [이번 주 리뷰] 중동 전쟁 우려…국민의힘 보선 참패(9~14일)
- Gyeongbokgung entrance platform, new signboard unveiled
- [Obituary] Park Seo
- Partial list of artists to perform at 2023 MAMA Awards unveiled
- Man fined for assaulting soldiers who refused to praise Kim Jong
- [Korean History] 'Yonsama' fans trailblaze Hallyu in Japan
- [Herald Review] Based on true story, 3 boys find justice 16 years delayed in 'The Boys'
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- Celltrion chief calls merger crucial to beat bigger rivals
- Seoul shares open flat despite US gains
- SK Signet delivers W5b ultrafast EV chargers to Revel
- Crowd crush victims forced to cope alone
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- Defense chief, US envoy discuss joint efforts to deter N. Korean threats
- 4 North Koreans cross maritime border, say want to defect
- Italian, Egyptian, Taiwanese, Japanese webtoonists to attend Busan Webtoon Festival
- Korea's yakgwa booming on back of ‘newtro’ trend, media coverage
- 4 North Koreans cross East Sea maritime border in first since 2019
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- Business sentiment falls in S. Korea over Middle East tensions: poll
- [From the Scene] Don't remember Itaewon alley as place of death, victims' families say
- 이재명, 여·야·정 3자 회동 제안…"바지사장 아닌 尹 직접 나서야"
- AleXa to perform on Jingle Ball Tour as 1st K