[Herald Interview] Kiss of Life continues to describe different aspects of freedom through music
简介Kiss of Life say they were born to be artists. Not only do they love producing music, singing and da ...
Kiss of Life say they were born to be artists. Not only do they love producing music, singing and dancing, but they are also good at it.
“We also have a common interest in spreading positive energy with our musical talents. We love music and we are happiest when performing on stage,” said Belle, the main vocalist of Kiss of Life.
Just five months into its debut, the band has already won public recognition for its unique music style, as well as dancing and vocal talents.
“We were naturally born with these talents but we also invested a lot of time and effort to develop ourselves as K-pop artists. Our members Natty and Julie were K-pop trainees for a long time and I was in this field since I was in high school as a music producer,” added Belle.
Natty took part in Mnet K-pop trainee shows “Sixteen” and “Idol School.” She also debuted as a solo artist in 2020 with her first EP, “Nineteen.” But she chose to start over as a member of Kiss of Life instead of continuing her career on her own.
“I figured that I would be able to make greater achievements in a group than as a soloist. It was when I met with Julie for the first time that I thought we could make a great team. Then we were introduced to Belle and Haneul,” said Natty.
“We are really grateful for all the love we’ve received through our debut album. It motivated us to come back with a better album. We enjoyed the process of preparing for our new album ‘Born to be XX,'” said Julie, the leader of the group.
Kiss of Life made a rapid return with its second EP, “Born to be XX,” Wednesday.
The group’s new album also revolves around the keyword of “freedom.”
“We wanted to convey the message that there is always more than meets the eye. We sing about the need to get rid of stereotypes and break free from the fear of accepting something new in this album,” explained Belle.
The new album carries seven tracks including “Bad News” and “Nobody Knows.”
“Because we were loved by many overseas, we were able to include the English version of our title (lead) track ‘Bad News' in this album. I think they love our music because our music is highly influenced by pop and R&B. I also think that being a multilingual group has helped us better communicate with foreign fans,” said Julie. “This is our first time back after our debut. We returned stronger as professionals after working on our weaknesses.”
The Korean Intellectual Property Office, under the leadership of Commissioner Lee Insil, has been im ...
INDIAN CINEMAIndian Ambassador to Korea Amit Kumar (center), spouse of the Indian ambassador to Kore ...
추미애 전 법무부 장관. 뉴스1추미애 전 법무부 장관은 19일 “윤석열 대통령 지지율을 30%대로 받쳐주는 철벽통들이 있다”고 주장했다.추 전 장관은 이날 자신의 페이스북에 “돈 ...
- Former Hungarian ambassador receives Gwanghwa Medal
- Navigate flavors of the Mediterranean in Seoul
- Trump vows to kill Asia trade deal being pursued by Biden if elected
- Alternative nicotine products lead to reduction in smoking rates: report
- Van Cleef & Arpels touring exhibition brings sparkles to Seoul
- [Today’s K
- YG's new group Babymonster to debut on Nov. 27
- 사법공백 두달…대법원장 후보 조희대 지명
- 인요한 "변하든지 죽든지…말 듣지 않으면 매도 들 수 있다"
- Yoon's approval rating falls for first time in 3 weeks to 34.7%
- Hanwha Ocean to raise capital for wind power business
- Kumho Petrochemical comits to net zero by 2050
- Kakao CEO apologizes for SM stock manipulation allegations
- 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival aims to encourage indie filmmakers working in tough times
- Jungkook adopts guerilla tactics for 'Golden' promotion
- 송영길 "어린 건방진 놈" 한동훈 "운동권 했다고 우월한 척"
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- Opposition leader away in court with critics calling for his departure from party
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- '2023 Box Gallery Exhibition' by Youth Impact shows art made of discarded paper
- US strategic bomber B
- "위성사진까지 대조한다" 밭에서 4억원어치 보물 캐는 사람들
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike
- Seoul shares open lower on tech, battery slump
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- [사진] 수도권 상공 출격한 미군 B
- 안철수 측 "심장이상? 허위" 장성철 "安 쓰러져 심폐소생술"
- S. Korean kidnapped in Philippines freed
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- Is Blackpink leaving YG?
- New fad uncovers old school transcripts for dose of nostalgia
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- Response to Yasukuni visits underway: official
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- [Herald Interview] Director Lee Chung
- S.Korea's largest