Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
简介South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised ...
South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised speculation that the US economy is cooling.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index fell 17.12 points, or 0.69 percent, to 2,471.06 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.13 percent, while the Nasdaq Composite edged up 0.07 percent.
Data showed that the unemployment benefit claims in the world's largest economy have reached the highest level in three months. The US industrial output also shed 0.6 percent on-month in October.
In Seoul, top tech giant Samsung Electronics fell 0.41 percent, and leading battery maker LG Energy Solution lost 2.26 percent.
No. 1 carmaker Hyundai Motor fell 0.43 percent, and its smaller sister Kia shed 0.47 percent. Auto parts maker Hyundai Mobis decreased 1.08 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,296.3 won against the US dollar, up 0.6 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
GM Korea, the Korean arm of the US auto giant General Motors, logged robust export sales in October, ...
"OnStage," a weekly music show on Naver that has been praised for discovering indie musicians and ex ...
한동훈 법무부 장관이 22일 “나는 '스타 장관’이 아니다. 법무부 장관으로 최선을 다하겠다”고 말했다. 그러면서 그는 국민의힘이 아닌 더불어민주당이 자신을 총선 후보로 띄우고 있 ...
1 in 8 commercial flights exposed to pathogens: KDCA
Ready meals gain attention at 2023 Coex Food Week
City becomes attractive when social minorities are empowered: Seoul mayor
"최강욱 '설치는 암컷' 발언 뭔 잘못이냐"는 야권 여성인사
[Bills in Focus] Windfall tax on banks and urban infra refurbishment
Heritage expert You Hong
- S. Korea has 'no urgency' to cut key lending rate soon: IMF director
- Kia to expand EV lineup with mass market appeal
- Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute
- [Herald Interview] Dyson engineer stresses potential of Korean hair care market
- 尹 보선 첫 반응 "선거 결과서 교훈 찾아, 지혜롭게 변화를"
- KT & G to build new tobacco plant in Kazakhstan
- Seoul shares dip 1 pct on Fed rate hike woes, won sharply slides
- Election watchdog faces calls to apologize after failing security test
- 野 “與 보선 참패 후 이재명 전광석화 기소…국민 심판받을 것”
- PM visits Greece for talks on cooperation, World Expo bid campaign
- 2m Koreans opt out of life
- [Today’s K
- Ministry uncovers 1,802 Youth Protection Act violations
- [New in Korean] Year 2020 revisited under shadow of disconnection
- Russian FM to visit Pyongyang next month as follow
- Koreans prefer cash in Chuseok gifting for parents
- PM departs for China for Asian Games, meeting with Xi
- Allies vow stern measures against Russia
- Opposition party leader ends 24
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- Xi says he will consider S. Korea visit
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Early Korean history remains virtually unknown abroad
- [Photo News] Mudeungsan fully opens door to public after 57 years
- [Herald Interview] Jung Soo
- [Book Review] 'Lee Kun
- LG Chem pivots to LFP with Huayou for Morocco plant
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland